As your company progresses on, you do want to deviate from the growth path and scalability of your information systems are often put to the test. So if you’ve come across situations when you “wish” your accounting or financial management software could do something or wish it had certain additional features that it doesn’t have, then you may near the point when an upgrade could make sense. If this is the scenario you’re in, then chances are your company is outgrowing the entry level software you initially shortlisted and implemented. At the end, it becomes detrimental for your company. Tens of thousands of businesses start off with and become solely dependent on software like Quickbooks which is a robust solution for smaller businesses and is perfectly suited to the requirements. However, when the organization crosses a certain point and outgrows a solution like Quickbooks and upgrade to a more customizable accounting and financial management software solution like Microsoft Dynamics may be the right move. For managing your growing accounts, your company cannot always depend alone on Quickbooks. Upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics brings in proper financial management and accounting features.
Quickbooks have a fixed limitation on the number of data it can work on. So if your data record is nearing 30MB or 32,000 entries, then note that it is nearing its limitation. Here are some indications that it is time to upgrade from Quickbooks to Microsoft Dynamics.
· Have to make use of various spreadsheets to handle big business dealings
· Improved features but low on performance
· Do not provide the account functionality required
· The account system is unable to manage the task at hand and security needs
· The system is unable to detect the accounting reports and dashboards
· Noticing that your database is smaller for making timely reports
· It does not support the increased intricacies of everyday process
· Get major delay on menu and when screen refreshes
· Must copy data entry to get data progressed from one system to the other
Let us look at some of these points in more detail:
· Slower performance- The more number of employees your company takes on, the slower your system gets. This particular system is unable to take on higher responsibility thus slowing down the whole process.
· Need for database upgrading- Integrating all the accounts in one database makes work flow easier. So when your company is still stuck with small time software then the work gets delayed and has a number of errors.
· Need for faster access to information- When it becomes harder to derive the information needed using the process of Quickbooks, then it is time to make the switch to Microsoft Dynamics.
· Showing inaccurate data- The Quickbooks system is not altogether consistent. You would want to opt for a software that updates you with accurate data. So the idea to switch is not altogether a bad idea.
So if you notice the same limitation listed above, then be very sure that you have outgrown your current system. Your growing business will need improved reporting, speedy performance and enhanced integration. Switching to Microsoft Dynamics will help transfer a high volume of transaction. It can avail data security too. Also, gives you access to improved capabilities and the ability to generate better business reporting. Once you know when it’s time, the rest can fall into place.